Leg Pain Treatment Orange County
Leg pain can be sharp, numbing, radiating, aching, dull, tingling, or burning. It can also be sudden or persistent. Most leg pain results from wear and tear, overuse, or injury. Sometimes it can come from problems in your lower back and spine. While other times it can be caused by blood clots or poor circulation. There are many possible causes. Below you will find some of the common causesof leg pain:
- Shin splints;
- Injury (like broken bones or sprains);
- Blood clots; and
- Varicose veins.
Common Leg Pain Symptoms
Depending on the level of discomfort or injury, your symptoms will vary. Some signs may need immediate medical attention. Others can wait for a scheduled appointment.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, immediate medical help is necessary:
- Leg injuries with deep cuts or bone showing.
- Unable to put any weight or walk on your leg.
- Combined pain, swelling, redness, and warmth on your leg.
- Hear popping or grinding sounds at the same time you were injured.
- Signs of infection in your leg, including redness and a fever of over 100 F.
- Swollen, pale, and an unusually cold leg.
- Calf pain after sitting on a plane or car trip for a long time.
- Swelling in both legs with breathing issues.
If you experience any of the following, schedule an appointment with OC Pain for a specialized treatment plan:
- Varicose veins that hurt.
- Swelling in both of your legs.
- Discomfort during or after walking.
- Leg pain in general (that stays the same or worsens).
While you may want to try at-home treatment options, it’s essential to address the issue as soon as possible. It’s necessary to have a medical professional assess and diagnose the problem. That will help them provide you with a plan for treatment. Pain can be uncomfortable and create difficulties in everyday activities. Letting it go too long can create more issues.
What Causes Leg Pain?
Leg pain is separated into three categories. The three areas can overlap, but finding the right category can help with finding the treatment options that are right for you.
Neurological: This category involves conditions such as restless leg syndrome, where your legs twitch uncontrollably. Additionally, conditions like nerve damage or sciatic nerve pain are included. This type of pain can be present even when resting.
Vascular: This category includes conditions like infections or varicose veins.
Musculoskeletal: This category includes conditions such as arthritis, which is a disease that affects one’s joints. Night cramps and stress fractures are also problems within this category.
Risk Factors and Prevention
Depending on the cause of your leg pain, there are options to keep your pain from worsening. However, there are risk factors that increase the chances of experiencing it.
- Lack of Exercise: The muscles in your legs need to be strong to be able to support your body. Weak, unused muscles in your legs can lead to leg pain. Getting regular physical activity can help.
- Weight: This puts extra stress on your legs. Maintaining a healthy weight can help with current or potential leg pain.
- Age: It is more common to experience pain in your legs as you get older. The muscles, joints, and tendons can be weakened over time.
- Family History: If someone in your family has the same issues, it could be genetic. Talking with your family and getting more information on your family history is helpful information for the doctor.
- Career: If you have a job that is hard on your body, the continuous wear and tear can cause problems. Having the right support and taking breaks can help.
Treatment Options for Back Pain
Pain can make life unbearable at times. Finding a doctor that specializes in pain treatment is vital for your recovery. At OC Pain, they understand that every patient is unique. Their individualized pain treatment plans address you and your individual needs specifically. They believe it’s essential for you to get some relief and get control over your life again.
OC Pain offers a variety of powerful pain management treatments. The team of board-certified pain specialists is skilled in proven treatment options and medical therapies. These will help you live your life again free from pain. The team of specialists is dedicated to providing all-inclusive treatment options and rehabilitation to get you feeling like yourself still. The main priority of the specialists is to get their patients back to normal, including the physical, emotional, and social well-being of the person. Instead of feeling like you have to live with your pain, contact us today for a consultation, and we can get you back to feeling like your old self again!
Leg Pain Specialists in Orange County,
The team of expert specialists at Centers of Rehabilitation and Pain Medicineare skilled at addressing leg pain. The treatment center uses state-of-the-art technology to perform treatments. They have had amazing results with patients leaving them satisfied with long-lasting results. Contact the team of experts for an appointment today.